BAMNS is a collection of 15 Maintained Nursery Schools across Birmingham working collaboratively to achieve the following aims:
- To work collaboratively with other nursery schools to ensure the sustainability of high quality early education across Birmingham and beyond.
- To raise the profile of the unique nature of maintained nursery schools at both a local and national level.
- To understand and respond to the unique needs of the children and families in each nursery school community.
- To provide strategic support and challenge to leadership at all levels within a collaboration where every individual’s views are respected and values in a climate of mutual trust and shared commitment.
- To build capacity through the effective and innovative management of resources and income generation across the collaboration in order to remain financially sustainable.
- To work collaboratively and with other professionals, parents and carers to provide high quality, inclusive education for children with special rights, needs and entitlements.
- To quality assure policies and practices in place to that collaboration members maintain the highest levels of safeguarding.